The International Conference on Historical Cryptology (HistoCrypt 2024) invites submissions of papers to its annual conference on historical cryptology. The conference will be held in June 25-27, 2024 at the Kellogg College, Oxford and Bletchley Park, UK. Please note the date.
HistoCrypt addresses all aspects of historical cryptography and cryptanalysis. “History” is understood in the broadest sense and includes contemporary history. The conference’s subjects include, but are not limited to:
- the use of cryptography in the military, diplomacy, business, and other areas
- analysis of historical ciphers with the help of modern computerized methods
- unsolved historical cryptograms
- mechanical encryption machines
- the history of cryptology
- the roots of modern ciphers in historical cryptology
- linguistic aspects of cryptology
- the influence of cryptography on the course of history
- cryptology and its connections to neighbouring fields of study
- teaching and promoting cryptology in schools, universities, and the public
We welcome everybody interested in historical cryptology to participate in the event. We invite submissions to HistoCrypt for presentation at the conference. Participation in the conference is mandatory for at least one author of each accepted paper.
We particularly encourage early-stage researchers (PhDs and postdocs) to submit their research.
We invite paper submissions in two distinct tracks:
- regular papers up to 10 pages (including appendices, excluding references) on substantial, original, and unpublished research, including evaluation results, where appropriate
- short papers up to 4 pages (including appendices, excluding references) on smaller, focused contributions, work in progress, negative results, surveys, tutorials, or opinion pieces
Presentations of accepted papers can be either oral, poster, or demo. Authors can make suggestions as to the presentation format; final decisions will be taken by the program committee. Papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be included in the HistoCrypt 2024 proceedings.
See important dates
All submissions must follow the HistoCrypt 2024 style files, which are available for LaTeX (preferred) and MS Word and can be retrieved here. Submissions shall be anonymous, i.e., not reveal author(s) on the title page or through self-references. Papers must be submitted digitally, in PDF, and uploaded through the online conference system.
Submissions to the conference must follow the above requirements and be uploaded electronically. HistoCrypt utilizes the EasyChair conference management system for submission, reviewing, and preparation of proceedings. Submission will open December 1, 2023.