The International Conference on Historical Cryptology (HistoCrypt 2023) invites submissions of papers to its annual conference on historical cryptology. The conference will be held in June 20-22, 2023 at the at Deutsches Museum in Munich, Germany. Please note the date.
HistoCrypt addresses all aspects of historical cryptography and cryptanalysis. The conference’s subjects include, but are not limited to:
- the use of cryptography in military, diplomacy, business, and other areas
- analysis of historical ciphers with the help of modern computerized methods
- unsolved historical cryptograms
- mechanical encryption machines
- the history of modern (computer-based) cryptography
- special linguistic aspects of cryptology
- the influence of cryptography on the course of history
- teaching and promoting cryptology in schools, universities, and the public
We welcome everybody interested in the field of historical cryptology to participate in the event. We invite submissions to HistoCrypt for presentation at the conference, which will be evaluated by the program committee. Participation in the conference is mandatory for at least one author of each accepted paper.
We invite paper submissions in two distinct tracks:
- regular papers up to 10 pages (including references) on substantial, original, and unpublished research, including evaluation results, where appropriate
- short papers up to 4 pages (including references) on smaller, focused contributions, work in progress, negative results, surveys, tutorials, or opinion pieces
Presentations of accepted papers are either oral, poster, or demo, which will be decided by the program committee.
Papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be included in the HistoCrypt 2023 proceedings.
|Paper Submission Opens:
||December 1, 2022
|Paper Submission Deadline:
|January 29 February 6, 2023
|Notification of Acceptance:
||March 19, 2023
|Camera Ready Manuscripts:
||April 23, 2023
||June 20-22, 2023
All submissions must follow the HistoCrypt 2023 style files, which are available for LaTeX (preferred) and MS Word and can be retrieved from here.
Submissions shall be anonymous, i.e. not reveal author(s) on the title page or through self-references.
Papers must be submitted digitally, in PDF, and uploaded through the online conference system.
Submissions that violate the requirements will be returned without review.
Submissions to the conference must follow the above requirements and be uploaded electronically.
HistoCrypt utilizes the EasyChair conference management system for submission, reviewing, and preparation of proceedings.
Submission is currently closed and will open soon.
We are hopeful that the 2023 conference can take place as physical meeting in the first place.
In case that conditions and travel options become limited again, we will try hard to arrange a hybrid event with physical meeting and the possibility to present online.
Should circumstances beyond the control of the organizers make the physical meeting impossible, the organizers shall undertake every reasonable effort to implement the conference as a virtual meeting.
Should this prove to be impossible, the organizers reserve the right to cancel this edition of the conference, and publish the accepted papers in the proceedings.
News will be posted on the website.